App Drawer Issues

Explain your issue here
gsingh05

App Drawer Issues

Post by gsingh05 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi.
Long time Lightning user.

here are some issues with app drawer:
1) The Main "My Drawer" doesn't support vertical scrolling. "Alphabet Drawer" allows it but even after enabling vertical scroll "My Drawer" still do horizontal scroll.

I am using "Alphabet drawer" only.

2) If the "Action bar" is hidden and we use "search app" (via gesture or shortcut icon) the searched apps' first row get hidden under the search text bar. This doesn't happen if the "Action bar" is active. Right now my icon alignment is "Up" (default is center) as I am using two rows for names so to align all icon (short name, long name) into proper line.

3) If "Action bar" is hidden and icons are aligned "UP" instead of center, the icons almost touch the upper android "status bar". I am looking for way to add some offset/margin/border as to shift first row of icons little low.

Thank You

Pierrot
Site Admin

Re: App Drawer Issues

Post by Pierrot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:17 am

The "My Drawer" section supports all settings, but the difference is that the position of icons is not computed and you need to move icons either manually, or using the compact / sort features in the menu. This way, the apps will adapt to the scrolling preferences but still you are free to set custom positions after. I think this is the issue with scrolling direction (and any other layout related options).

Regarding the action bar, I don't know, I need to check this.

gsingh05

Post by gsingh05 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:15 am

Yes. My Drawer needs to be refreshed with "Compact" . Now the vertical scroll is working.

For issue 3 . The problem is resolved if icons are aligned "Center" but then if icon title is 2 lines then some icons go UP and some icons stay in center which is odd

JayM

Post by JayM » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:46 pm

3. that should be possible by editing the box propertys of that row of icons you can add margins/padding this is only possible in the my drawer layout.