Hidden Nav Bar !

Explain your issue here
Cueball666uk

Hidden Nav Bar !

Post by Cueball666uk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:12 pm

I have a Oneplus 5T and have enabled navigation gestures that completely hides the navigation bar ... This is fine in all apps, except for lightning as it seems to leave a blank area at the bottom of the screen on the desktop. Is there anything I can do about this ?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Cueball666uk

Re: Hidden Nav Bar !

Post by Cueball666uk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am

Possibly should have posted in Bug section?

Cueball666uk

Hidden Nav Bar !

Post by Cueball666uk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:49 am

I have an issue where if I set my Oneplus device to hide the navbar and use full screen gestures to navigate, lightning launcher is the only app that seem to ignore the lack of buttons and leave a black bar without buttons at the bottom of my screen where the nav buttons would normally be !

TrianguloY

Post by TrianguloY » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Unfortunately that's a known bug. For some reason what lightning uses to measure the size of the screen doesn't return the navigation bar when it is hidden.
Some people have said that you can place items there (below the main page) and they are shown. Others have tried to set the navigation bar to transparent in lighting settings so that the bar is not black, but personally I have not experience the bug myself so I can't be of much more help, sorry :(

Pierrot
Site Admin

Post by Pierrot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:44 am

This is device specific, as long as I can't reproduce it myself there is unfortunately no chance that I can fix it.

As far as I know, there is no setting in the standard Android system that the user can use to hide the navbar. It means that this is a custom feature found on the OnePlus. There's nothing wrong with that, and there's certainly a way to handle the change in the layout triggered by the appearance/disappearance of the bar. Maybe even using standard Android mechanism.

The problem is that without a OnePlus in my hands I can't make an analysis of the behavior and see what's wrong, hence no action can be taken. From time to time a solution can be found blindly because the issue is very specific, but regarding system bars there are literally dozen of different cases and changing a single line to fix a bug may break something else.

And please, don't PM me directly with the same issue: if I don't reply here, I won't reply privately.

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:32 am

Not a problem Pierre, your launcher is amazing and to be honest if I can fix it then I'll just go back to using buttons rather than gestures ... Thanks again for all your hard work 🙂

Pierrot
Site Admin

Post by Pierrot » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 am

Sorry of not being of a great help... Maybe it will be fixed some day, but I can't make any promise.

mirekluza

Post by mirekluza » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Probably the same problem as I have seen on Pocophone F1: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90
(I created that thread before seeing this one, so at least cross-referencing)