Issues with shortcuts...

Explain your issue here
Cueball666uk

Issues with shortcuts...

Post by Cueball666uk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi Guys ... I've noticed an issue with app shortcuts (e.g. long press and hold pop-up app shortcuts) ... If I'm using lightning launcher I have 49 apps which have active shortcuts. However I've noticed that if I use another launcher I have 64 apps that have active shortcuts ...

Is there a setting I could be missing that's not allowing me full access to all my shortcuts?

Thanks 🙂

juwlz

Re: Issues with shortcuts...

Post by juwlz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:22 am

I have an even more fundamental problem - long press for me brings up the edit popup for the app (Edit/Add/Delete icons, plus Move out of folder - if in one / App info / Play Store / Kill / Uninstall / Scripts ...)

I'm sure I could change the default action for a Long press (if I can remember where to do it), but then how would I access those options when I want to?

@Cueball666uk for your issue, is it possible that you've explicitly set a long press action for the the 15 where you're not getting active shortcuts? (Long press, tap Edit pencil, Properties, Events and look for Long tap.)

Cueball666uk

Re: Issues with shortcuts...

Post by Cueball666uk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 am

I have a few apps set to display "long press" shortcuts and the rest to display the menu of options ...

I've realised I have a more urgent issue, if I have an icon on the desktop that has been customised in some way and the then try and copy/paste the properties to another icon.. then lightning just crashes completely and loses its place as default launcher ! This issue seems more of a problem as I like to customise and that's what lightning is all about !

I even tried a fresh install and tried rebuilding my layout from scratch and the copy/paste properties still makes lightning crash!

Don't get me wrong I think lightning is amazing, but I'm sure Android 10 is making lightning act crazy ... I need stability and I'm not getting that at the minute !