Some ideas for the new launcher

Something is missing? Have an idea? Ask for new stuff here.
JayM

Some ideas for the new launcher

Post by JayM » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:41 am

Kinda early but heres a few things id love to see in LLX2.

1. Easy theming of elements yano were the colors are taken from the wallpaper this is currently doable in Lightning but only with script would be nice if it was built in.

2. Actionbar/Toolbar for the desktop again this is currently doable with script but would also be nice built in.

3. Alphabet strip for the app drawer

4. Updated icon font with that menu icon i asked about before (3 horizontal lines)

5. A simple way to quick toggle on/off the grid lines, grid lines are great for setting up a layout

6. Daydream (screensaver) support for Lightning Live Wallpaper basically the option to use the wallpaper as a daydream instead of on the desktop.

7. Expanded desktop hide nav and statusbar

PrasadKaladi

Re: Some ideas for the new launcher

Post by PrasadKaladi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:46 am

Good ideas. I know the wish list may become longer, but let @Pierrot ponder over them and take a call.

Anyways, I'm eagerly waiting for version 2.0 of LLX, in whatever form it comes initially!!!!
Prasad :lol:

Pierrot
Site Admin

Post by Pierrot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 am

Don't go too fast please, one step at a time (and not "ferociously") ;-) I have no well defined plan yet, other than fixing what really need to be fixed first. Then I'll see what I can do given the time I have. I do have a list of things to change, but how and where I should do it is not clear.

PrasadKaladi

Post by PrasadKaladi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Ha....ha. We can wait. Take your time, @Pierrot
Prasad :lol:

JayM

Post by JayM » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Haha my bad 😁 I thought it was best to ask early on that way you have the ideas there and can code with them in mind. Instead of coding then seeing the ideas and thinking some of them would of been easier/faster/possible to implement early on if that makes sense.