Outside event for windows (e.g. to close it)

Something is missing? Have an idea? Ask for new stuff here.
dew

Outside event for windows (e.g. to close it)

Post by dew » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 pm

Maybe I don't know really how to do it - but currently its seems not possible to auto-close a window by tapping outside of it - on something else e.g.
The window always stays open until you hit back. It would be nicer if it was (optionally) possible to auto-close the window when tapping or sliding outside of the window.

My idea would be to add yet another event to a window which is called "outside event" which means that some user interaction (touching) happened outside of a window. The window could then react by closing itself or by doing something else.

Having an event for outside actions gives more flexibility to what actually happens when tapping / touching outside of the window's box than just having a flag which tells "close on outside event".

In my opinion the default behavior should also be changed so that this new "outside event" automatically auto-closes the window. If the user wants it to stay open the event must be cleared / changed. Eventually a default setting for all new windows would make sense to define whether auto-close for the "ouside event" is by default active or not.

Hope you like it :D

Pierrot
Site Admin

Re: Outside event for windows (e.g. to close it)

Post by Pierrot » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:48 am

Yes that's right.
This bad behavior is there because I have been too lazy to fix it in the past.
There's some technical issue behind this but it's time to fix it. I'll see what I can do.
I don't promise a configurable outside event though.

dew

Post by dew » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:18 am

Okay, sounds good as the open windows were a little annoying.

I believe simply fixing the issue vs providing an user-overridable "outside event" does not make that big difference because you have to detect something like said "outside event" anyways.

Thanks 👍

Pierrot
Site Admin

Post by Pierrot » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:27 am

Actually that's a bit different, because opening the event to user selectable action means you have to handle all cases, including the weird ones.
At the moment I've implemented closing the folder when tapping outside. It will be in the next beta

JayM

Post by JayM » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Didn't really see the point in creating a new topic for this so i'm hijacking the thread :D if your rolling out an update this week you should update the community location in the app. It still says G+ which has now been shutdown.

oh yeah and add an option to use the statusbar/actionbar color for the navbar azwell or the settings screen background color would be nice.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190405-154020.png
Screenshot_20190405-154020.png (130.12 KiB) Viewed 10522 times