Real Time Icon Rotation

This is the place to ask "How do I ...?"
rpmccormi77

Real Time Icon Rotation

Post by rpmccormi77 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi guys, I am considering switching to Lightning Launcher, but I want to know if my idea is possible...

Insead of having Landscape and/or Portrait... is it possible to lock the icon-grid, but make the icons and text rotate live with the phone, so that as you spin the phone the icon and text spin the opposite way so they are always correct in respect to gravity?

That is my idea, is it at all possible to do with this app? Would it be laggy, or could you make it work smoothly... maybe even with a little bit of rocking before stabilizing depending on the speed (maybe if you spin your phone fast enough, the icons will do some spins before rocking to gravity). I realize it is a big ask, but this launch can do anything right? Please share your thoughts.

Pierrot
Site Admin

Re: Real Time Icon Rotation

Post by Pierrot » Mon May 20, 2019 6:22 am

There's an option for that in item properties / misc. / rotation.When the overall orientation is locked, items will rotate to follow the device orientation. This isn't a variable angle (always a multiple of 90°). I experimented with a continuous rotation but it's weird and uneasy to read.

You can apply this option on all items or a specific set of items depending on whether you display the item properties panel with some selected items or none.