App drawer gestures

This is the place to ask "How do I ...?"
Djvantri

App drawer gestures

Post by Djvantri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:58 am

Trying to swipe down or left or right to close the app drawer. Nothing seems to work. Going into app drawer settings gestures , swipe down and then selecting goto selected desktop.

Thanks in advance

Skotlex

Re: App drawer gestures

Post by Skotlex » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:38 pm

At first glance, it shouldn't be difficult to set a gesture to close the App drawer. In practice, it isn't as easy.

The right place for adding what OP asked for is "App Drawer Settings -> Events & Actions -> Swipe Down". However, none of the actions available in this listing can be used to close the App drawer and return to the desktop. I have figured out a workaround using Automate, though:

1. Create a flow with a single command block: Plug-in Action, using the "Go to home desktop, then zoom 100p" Lightning Action.
2. In the Events & Actions -> Swipe Down part, set to "Launch a Shortcut -> Automate Flow" and select the flow created in step 1.

This works, but... this can't possibly be the most elegant way to do it. Why doesn't the gesture action list for the App Drawer doesn't has a "close App Drawer" option?

F43nd1r

Post by F43nd1r » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:49 am

Very surprised this is so complicated...
Well, as always, scripts to the rescue: Set a script with the following code in the desired event

Code: Select all

getAppDrawerScreen().getContext().finish();

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:48 am

That has been very useful to me as I've been using a "go home" task in tasker to perform the same thing !

Could someone help me create a script to run a tasker task from an app drawer icon ? (Sorry for hijacking this chat) 😬
Last edited by Cueball666uk on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:29 am

Managed to find the answer I was after, looking through the old G+ archives... Thanks guys.

••• Long Live LL •••