Goodbye Lightning Launcher

General news regarding the project
F43nd1r

Goodbye Lightning Launcher

Post by F43nd1r » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:16 am

This is my farewell message.

I have taken my last app off the play store and will not develop anything for Lightning Launcher anymore.

This is a sad point for me, as I had hoped to be able to support LL through development when Pierre opened the source to a few select people. But with him missing in action for over a year I have given up hope. I have neither the permission nor the ability to keep LL alive without him.

I've tried to keep this forum moderated, but when there are thousands of spam posts for one legitimate new user it really feels like it's not worth the effort. The forum software is outdated and needs an update to support better bot protection. That also won't happen without Pierre.

I wish Pierre and everybody else I met on my journey with LL a happy life.

Maybe we'll meet here again if LL ever gets reborn.

TrianguloY

Re: Goodbye Lightning Launcher

Post by TrianguloY » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 am

It was a pleasure working with you. I wish you a happy life too.

Personally I decided to keep the apps published, but with a warning for their lack of development and possible bugs, just in case someone wants to check them.

I'll keep here, even if I'm not active anymore, as for me it's practically impossible to say goodbye to LL (I still use it as my main launcher). I receive the new posts of this forum through rss, and although I rarely answer I read them all so if someone needs me personally I'll be sure to at least say something.

The only issue is the spam. Maybe we should close registrations and keep an email or form open for submissions, I wouldn't mind checking the email myself.

Pierre, wherever you are, I hope you are ok. You will never be forgotten.

Cueball666uk

Re: Goodbye Lightning Launcher

Post by Cueball666uk » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:57 pm

Thank you for all you guys have done with trying to keep lightning alive ... This is such a sad thing watching literally the most capable launcher on the app store slowly become out-of-date and stagnate the way it has ... Hopefully Pierre is well and happy, maybe some time in the future he may reappear and resurect lightning back to its former glory.

Many people will never have experienced it's brilliance. I still come here looking, in the hope that Pierre may have made some announcement. Sadly this has not happened.

Thanks again peeps. Your all awesome. Stay safe and look after yourselves. 🙂