Favourite Launcher Features

Everything else!
JayM

Favourite Launcher Features

Post by JayM » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:02 pm

What features of other launchers do people like and wish Lightning had? im mostly just curious but maybe with scripts we can bring some of those features to Lightning. Here's a few things i like

Action Launcher
Navigation drawer alphabet strip thing
The Navigation drawers
Quick theme (pulls colours from wallpaper)
Built in material icon set that can be used for icons and that

Nova Launcher
Wallpaper picker/cropper thing

Square Launcher
Blur Wallpaper
Greyscale filter

Smart Launcher 5
Ultra Immersive mode

Cueball666uk

Re: Favourite Launcher Features

Post by Cueball666uk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 pm

I second the wallpaper picker from nova and I also think the way sesame shortcuts integrates with nova is amazing ... Lightning with sesame integration would be awesomeness

ADW launcher v2 also has some very good icon editing masks/colours/filters built in and can make almost any mismatched icons into a nice cohesive experience !

JayM

Post by JayM » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:30 pm

It does my head in having to keep nova installed just for that 1 thing, yeah sesame shortcuts would be a game changer for sure. Last time I tried ADW it didn't have any of that il have to check it out.

F43nd1r

Post by F43nd1r » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:57 pm

I just looked into sesame integration. Sadly, I was unable to find any documentation whatsoever. I've contacted the developer, maybe something will come from that.

TrianguloY

Post by TrianguloY » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:44 am

Aren't Sesame shortcuts just the dynamic shortcuts from android N? In Lightning they are simply called app shortcuts, you can open them with that action (try setting it in the long tap event).
It seems that with Nova you can hide them, or even add custom ones to the list, but with lightning you can long tap a specific shortcut to create a special shortcut item.

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:20 am

With sesame you can create and add/remove to customise the "long click" shortcuts menu it seems so intuitive to be able to long click and then be presented with a list of user customised shortcuts.... Also these shortcuts can be viewed as a list and quick searched with a click or two ... Nova/Lawnchair/Hyperion have followed closely and adapted with sesame and it really would be a worthy addition to lightning.!

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:25 am

Also @TrianguloY , if I attempt to create a special shortcut by long clicking an icon then long clicking one of the shortcuts ... Lightning crashes 🤔😬

F43nd1r

Post by F43nd1r » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:37 pm

I am in contact with sesame devs. Currently, I'm planning to build an option to replace app shortcuts with sesame shortcuts.
The sesame widget already works in LL out of the box.
Are there other places you'd like to see sesame integration?

Can confirm the long tap crash @Cueball666uk

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:25 pm

This is amazing news @F43nd1r , I really hope that sesame can become part of lightning !

Thanks for confirming the crash !

I'm really happy coming to the end of the year and having some possible activity on lightning again ! Thanks so much 🙂🙂🙂👍🏻

Cueball666uk

Post by Cueball666uk » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:30 pm

Also within nova they have their own "app search" and sesame also populates this list with all the available shortcuts that have been created ! Something along these lines would be amazing because then the icons that are used in lightning could also be used for the shortcuts too !