Move icon in folder not exactly possible

Explain your issue here
franc

Move icon in folder not exactly possible

Post by franc » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Hello

I have often the issue, when I want to reorder an icon of an app in a folder, that this icon is not exactly placeable.
E.g. I would have three icons "A", "C" and "B". As it is not possible to arrange alphabetically (why still not btw?) I order them manually.
If I now want to put C before B, B jumps either before A or stays after C. But would not go between.
Here I have a little video to show it:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5Pt7yWYRfXcyUtud6
You understand what I mean?
Is there a trick to do it?
I have set in folder settings under Behaviour > Miscellaneous > Swap items [ ] and Rearrange items [x]

Thanks. frank
with: Lightning Launcher v14.2.1 (f77736e) which is still the far best Launcher I ever used :)

Pierrot
Site Admin

Re: Move icon in folder not exactly possible

Post by Pierrot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:07 am

To be honest I never thought sorting would be needed in desktop and folders, but nevertheless I implemented it in the app drawer. So indeed it doesn't make sense to have the feature in the app drawer and not elsewhere.
I have no idea yet for the re-arrange issue. This is a bug in the algorithm for sure, but I don't know yet why it behaves this way. Could it be that some item is larger than one cell, or that there is a hidden item below?

franc

Re: Move icon in folder not exactly possible

Post by franc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:09 am

Hm, i even don't know about hidden items and i guess i haven't any.

The size could be, but i cannot influence that. But indeed, some icons are easy to move at the right place and some nearly not at all. So that could really be the cause, the size.