Not seeing all widget options

This is the place to ask "How do I ...?"
SteveKenney

Not seeing all widget options

Post by SteveKenney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:10 am

Hi, I'm a fairly new user of LL ... by far the best one I've tried. But one issue I've run into is that when I select to add a widget, I'm not presented with all the options I am on other launchers. Specifically with the trigger widget... on other launchers, I was able to create a specific widget for a specific activity. With LL, it only creates a basic widget that when I use it I have to select the activity.

Also as a newbie, are there scripting ways to to set androud settings such as volumes , brightness, display timeouts, connect to a certain wifi or bluetooth, open apps, etc.. I would think so, but have no idea.

Thanks, Steve

TrianguloY

Re: Not seeing all widget options

Post by TrianguloY » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:00 am

I'm not sure what you mean with that trigger widget. Is it a specific widget of the stock launcher? If not which widget and launcher? Perhaps a screenshot helps.

And yes, there are ways to set android settings from scripts (not everything, but almost). This requires java knowledge, but shouldn't be very difficult. Any setting you would like to set?

SteveKenney

Post by SteveKenney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 am

It's an app on Google play store... I actually found what I was missing ... apparently I needed to create a shortcut instead of widget !

Ok, thanks about the scripting... I'm good for now since I figured out the shortcut !

Pierrot
Site Admin

Post by Pierrot » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 am

Ah yes, a lot of launchers now display shortcuts and widgets in the same screen labeled "widgets", hence the confusion.