Suggest an extension

Add new features to the community through phpBB plugins
Pierrot
Site Admin

Suggest an extension

Post by Pierrot » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 am

This is the place to suggest a plugin for phpBB. Please explain your motivation and link to the extension.

Special care will be taken when installing extensions as it can be potentially harmful. Should an extension be accepted, please allow some time to do it.

TrianguloY

Re: Suggest an extension

Post by TrianguloY » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Suggestion: ability to add 'reactions' to posts.

Motivated by the "+1" of Google+, which was useful mainly to avoid 'ok' replies. However since this is not Google+ perhaps we can find an extension that allows more different reactions (either a few like Facebook/other social networks, or any emoji like Discord).

Unfortunately I couldn't find any 'official' extension or similar. Here https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 7c#p303621 is a small list of some of them, but probably a more extensive search is required.

jalanchilo

Post by jalanchilo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 am

something like what github has would be good. you can add one of a selection of different emojis [👍👎😀😕❤ 👀 🎉]

cdfa

Post by cdfa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:59 am

+1 (see, we need it already)

Alzarath

Post by Alzarath » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Per-User Posts Per Page

It would be much more comfortable for me to sift through 50 posts at a time rather than 10. With some brief Googling, I discovered some extensions such as Individual Posts Per Page and Items Per Page. The former appears to have a larger amount of features and control, but that's mostly based on the latter not having much documentation.

Pierrot
Site Admin

Post by Pierrot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 am

Both suggested extensions are for phpBB 3.1 and doesn't work with 3.2 :-( So I simply increased the default values, 10 was too low anyway IMHO.